Nice People Networking

RD$1.2 million robbed in Santiago during the 173rd anniversary parade

Taking advantage that most police agents in Santiago had been assigned to patrol the civic-military parade held to commemorate the 173rd anniversary of the 30 March 1844 Battle attended by President Danilo Medina, criminals robbed an exchange house located on Calle 16 de Agosto with Mella Street in Santiago.

Two men and two women arrived to the Tienda Fernandez at around 3pm and held up the owner  Radhames Fernandez. Reportedly they stole RD$1.2 million. Agents of the Police Criminal Investigations Division (Dicrim) are investigating the robbery.

Yesterday, the son of former President Hipolito Mejia, Ramon Eduardo Mejia suffered the robbery of his SUV when he was assaulted by eight men after leaving the Body Shop gym in Arroyo Hondo.

The robbery coincides also with the announcement of the Ministry of Interior and Police and the Ministry of Defense of bolstering of security patrols with 7,000 more agents.

Meanwhile, security expert Daniel Pou, told Diario Libre reporters the new patrols effort is unlikely to be successful. The media has reported this is the fourth similar announcement by the government. Pou said violence cannot be responded by violence and called for intelligence efforts.

Source: DR1, DiarioLibre

Mar 31, 2017

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated July 20, 2017 at 12:11 AM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter