Nice People Networking

Money from confiscated assets goes to fight drugs

The confiscation of assets owned by drug dealers by the Dominican state has brought into government coffers over RD$669 million between June 2007 and August 2016.

Of these assets, as stipulated in law 72-02, 85% of their value is distributed among the National Drug Control Agency (DNCD), the National Drug Council (CND), the Attorney General’s Office and the National Police. The remaining 15% goes to 17 institutions dedicated to helping fight drug addiction.

The assets seized include funds from the sale of houses and apartments, a rice factory, cars, SUVs, jewelry and cash.

Those who had goods and assets confiscated included public figures such as Quirino Ernesto Paulino Castillo in 2011, 2012 and 2013, as well as Sobeida Felix Morel, part of the network of Jose David Figueroa Agosto in 2011 and 2012.

In 2011 assets were confiscated belonging to Mesa Beltre (El Gringo), and the Zapata Molett brothers.

Source: DR1, Listindiario

Mar 14, 2017

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated January 21, 2018 at 12:31 AM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter