Hotel “Casa del Siglo XVI” Rated as One of the Best in the Dominican Republic
The Hotel “Casa del Siglo XVI” (Home of the XVIth Century) currently heads the prestigious list of the country’s top hotels, a listing prepared by the online magazine Jet Setter.
The hotel is actually a collection of mini-hotels built in a restored 16th century home situated in Santo Domingo’s historic Colonial Zone.
These old houses maintain their original colonial style.
The population also comments on the following facilities in the country:
- Casa de Campo. Jet Setter states that the world-class resort is “more than a resort, it is an experience” and mentions its impressive sports facilities, equestrian center, shooting range and, most importantly, its three internationally renowned golf courses. Also highlighted is its Altos de Chavon Amphitheater, a replica of a 15th century Mediterranean village, a favorite stage for national and international artists.
- Eden Rock. This Relais & Châteaux facility, situated in Cap Cana – on the country’s easternmost region – is an exclusive community situated in Punta Cana. The resort features exclusive villas, hotels, world-class beaches, a Jack Nicklaus golf course, and a marina.
- Amanera. This super luxury hotel, operated by Aman Resorts, features 24 exclusive and independent two-bedroom villas, overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean and the breathtaking kilometer-long Playa Grande beach. The area is truly a Caribbean paradise.
- The Westin Punta Cana. Jet Setter says the hotel stands on a three-mile white sand beach, situated in the world-famous Puntacana Resorts & Club.
- Tortuga Bay. This is the most luxurious of all boutique hotels in the Puntacana Resort & Club, and the one that has received the most international awards. The complex features 13 luxury villas overlooking the sea, which can also be reserved as suites or villas.
- Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge. This small lodge, says Jet Setter, “gives the overall sensation of privacy and intimacy. The 12-room lodge offers guests stunning views of the nearby sea and mountains.”
- Luca Hotel. Situated in the heart of Santo Domingo’s historic Colonial Zone, the hotel offers comfortable rooms that overlook colonial-style gardens. The hotel is decorated with beautiful art work by Dominican artists, and several of the original colonial walls are exposed”.
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. Says Jet Setter: “This is the perfect place to scape all problems,” overlooking the sea, with a pool “that surrounds the entire property.”
Source: Access DR
Apr 11, 2017
Category: DR News |