Nice People Networking

Danilo issues a dare on Odebrecht money

President Danilo Medina told reporters yesterday afternoon that “a lot of people” want to see him “swimming in the mud.” He stated that Joao Santana’s services for the 2012 and 2016 electoral campaigns had been “paid by us.” He denied a Brazilian news story in which a former Odebrecht official had said Odebrecht had financed his election campaign, along with that of four other countries — El Salvador, Angola, Venezuela, Panamá and Brasil. Joao Santana was the leading advisor of the election campaign of Medina. He was convicted and sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption.

After the media note appeared in the Dominican Republic, a note from the Joao Santana office and spokesman Fabio Tofic of the law firm that represents him in the legal process in Brazil was received. This stated: “In the name of my client, Joao Santana, I publicly declare that there was no payment from the company Norberto Odebrecht, nor any other Brazilian group, for the services of marketing and advertising of the campaigns for President Danilo Medina”.

Joao Santana was the lead marketing advisor for Medina in the presidential elections of 2012 and 2016. He was in the peak days of the Medina re-election campaign in 2016 when he cut his advisory work short and returned to Brazil to face corruption charges.

Medina dared anyone to prove that his campaign was financed by Odebrecht or any other Brazilian company. He stressed: “The investigations will conclude in Brazil and the Dominican Republic and the truth will come forth. Wait, do not despair that the truth will come out,” he told the press.

Source: DR1, Eldia

Mar 9, 2017

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated May 26, 2017 at 12:32 AM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter