Some missing children found
According to the National Police Missing Persons Department, three of the eight children supposedly still missing since 2013 have been found and returned to their families.
Two of the three are 12-year old Wilbert Cespedes Montero, and 16-year old Miguel Abreu Félix who lived in the San Jose Project in Haina, San Cristobal, who disappeared in April 2013 but were found and returned home a few days later.
The Police have said that the major problem is that the youngsters go out and their parents report them as missing but they are just behaving like any kid would.
They did admit that there were problems with the Complaints Department especially in cases occurring in the provinces, which were not always sent to the central office in the capital.
Another child who was reported as still missing, a three-year old girl who disappeared in La Romana in May 2013 was also found and returned home. Two people are awaiting trial in this case.
On Monday 29 August 2016, Police spokesman General Nelson Rosario said that a 17-year old girl who had been reported missing on 21 August was also found safe and sound and returned home to Santiago of her own accord.
In addition, a 14-year old girl who had been missing since 1 July this year has turned up at a police station in Bavaro, asking for protection from her parents, who live in Boca Chica and were allegedly mistreating her. She had apparently been taken to Bavaro by 34-year old Erick Arias Aquino, to work as a prostitute. He was arrested by the Police in July.
However, some children have not reappeared, including 16-year old Cynthia Altagracia Billini Sanchez who disappeared this month and is said to have mental problems. In addition, six-year old Wilfredo de la Cruz, who disappeared from Ponce, Guarícanos, has also not been found.
Source: DR1, Lisitndiario
Sep 1, 2016
Category: DR News |