Restaurant to open at Santiago’s Monument
Deputy Minister of Culture Jochy Santos has confirmed plans to open a restaurant on the fifth floor of the Monumento de Santiago. The revenue will go to the Ministry of Culture. Sanchez says that the new restaurant, which was being conceived in the style of restaurants operating in museums around the world, also seeks to increase visitor numbers to the Monumento museum. The restaurant will be managed by businessman Chico Mon, as reported in Listin Diario.
Source: DR1, Listindiario
Feb 9, 2016
UPDATE: No restaurant for the Santiago Monument
The Ministry of Culture’s regional director in Santiago, Jochy Sanchez says that while consultations have taken place with the General Directorate of Monumental Heritage, no tender has been issued for the installation of a restaurant at the Monumento a la Restauracion de Santiago. He said there have been discussions about installing a viewing platform, but denied that any permits for the installation of a restaurant atop the monument had been granted. He confirmed that the aim was to increase visitor numbers to the Monumento museum.
Feb 10, 2016
Category: DR News |