Nice People Networking

Power cut caused carbon monoxide deaths

The Police have issued the initial results of their investigation into the carbon monoxide poisoning deaths of 24-year old Smaylin Gil Batista and 19-year old Eduardo Rosario Reyes, both employees of Drink Jary, a bar in Santo Domingo East.

According to a witness who lives near the bar, Eudies Emmanuel Sanchez, both men worked all night as usual and then, as they always did, they slept in the bar,

On that tragic night, however, there was a power cut so they were using the generator.

The electricity went out several times during the night and at 11pm it went out and did not come back on. Apparently there is little ventilation in the bar, and once the customers had left, the two men went to sleep and died in their sleep.

Sanchez said that they both had other jobs and they would sleep in the bar once it closed and then one would go to work as a porter and the other as a waiter.

Source: DR1, Lisitndiario

Aug 10, 2016

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated January 14, 2018 at 12:43 AM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter