Fire reduced to ashes four homes in a poor area of Sosua
PUERTO PLATA Last night a fire caused by an electrical short circuit reduced to ashes four homes with all their outfits, but caused no casualties, about 6:45 PM in the barrio Holguín, which was formerly called El Batey de La Unión of Sosua.
The four homes consumed by the flames were owned by Robert Polanco, Venancio Ramos, Griselda Tavarez, Máximo Garcia, who were only left with the clothes that was on them.
For his part citizens Maria Rodriguez, Quilvio Suero, Florencio Santos Batista Ramos Castillo, who reside in that sector accused the staff of EDENORTE, whose brigade allegedly carried power cuts off the Base Aerial of Puerto Plata, in turn causing short circuits.
The advance of the huge fire was prevented by the fire brigades of the municipalities of Sosúa and Montellano, who managed to put down the flames that threatened to spread to neighboring houses.
Source: Puerto Plata Digital
Jan 20, 2016
Category: DR News |