US$1 billion megayacht AIR visits Marina Casa de Campo
Recently, a new element has been added to the repertoire of attractions of the chic Marina Casa de Campo – the Megayacht AIR, yes, “mega” is defineitly the right word – she’s so big she’s docked just outside of the Marina Casa de Campo.
Although we have no official confirmation, we have heard that this incredible megayacht will be staying with us here in Casa de Campo through Semana Santa (Easter Week), so if you’d like to take a look you can see her from the end of the Paseo del Mar of the Marina Casa de Campo, or if you have your own yacht you can get a closer look as you sail in or out of the Marina Casa de Campo.
AIR was built in 2011, and has an exceptionally sleek and elegant exterior with modern lines, a unique matt black steel hull and an aluminium superstructure. She measures 81 meters, that’s 265.7 feet in length and has a beam of 11.6m, and is rumored to have cost a whopping 905 million dollars to build, yes as in nearly 1 billion dollars!
With that price tag, you’d expect the earth, well it seems AIR offers all that and more… we did a little googling and this is what we discovered:
1. AIR is the first superyacht built under Annex 2 of LY2 to have a fully certified commercial helicopter pad.
2. Unique matt black hull has been painted with a specialised and environmentally friendly nano coating technique.
3. The main materials used to build AIR include:
- matt-finished sycamore
- leather, matt-finished special paint
- high gloss stainless steel
- palladium leaf
- back-lit white onyx
- off-white & black limestone
- carve glass
4. She has an owners’ observation lounge with a breathtaking view over the eight-metre pool on the vast main deck forward area.
5. The magnificent sun deck of AIR offers many relaxation options such as a gym, lounging areas (aft and forward) with Jacuzzi, and a 102” pop-up television screen for outdoor movie viewing.
6. There is also a large foldable swimming platform with bar from which to watch the world go by.
7. AIR carries two 9.8-metre tenders featuring the same sleek black hull design.
So, as you know now the hype is REAL, the Motor Yacht AIR is one of the most innovative superyachts in the world and for now she is docked right here just outside of the Marina Casa de Campo.
Source: Casa de campo living
March 10, 2015
Category: DR News |