Teeth of the Dog Driving Range Opens December 15th
Work is going full steam ahead with the new Teeth of the Dog driving range, and is on schedule to open December 15th.
In order to provide a better golf experience for the players who visit this international award winning resort year around, Casa de Campo announced the construction of a new driving range this past April, which will replace the current one and feature world-class facilities and offer 60% more space to allow for a greater variety of distances.
Here’s some facts about Casa de Campo’s new Driving Range:
- Created by renowned golf course designer Pete Dye and his son PB Dye
- Measures 48,000 square feet with 13 different greens to use as targets
- Measures 430 yards in total distance
- Features a tee on each side to accommodate 60 people in total, two chipping areas, as well as two putting greens.
- Located to the south of the 10th and 11th holes of the legendary Teeth of the Dog (see on map below)
- Practice area for the ‘short game’ with bunkers, grass mounds and different waves that serve to simulate the real game experience of playing on Casa de Campo’s golf courses
- The green has fresh Paspalum grass, the same kind found among other courses
- The new facility also serves as the home of the Jim McLean Golf School Casa de Campo, and will operate under the leadership and experience of Eric Lillibridge
As its grand debut is next week, this enhanced driving range will certainly be available for the Amateur Latin Championship (LAAC), scheduled for January 2016.
Stay tuned for more news (and photos) of the opening next Tuesday, December 15th!
Source: Casa de Campo Living
Dec 11, 2015
Category: DR News |