Nice People Networking

Less than two months before the arrival of the first cruise at the Maimon terminal, but Puerto Plata is not fully prepared

PUERTO PLATA -A month and twenty days before the arrival of the cruise ship “Victory”, however the construction of the park and amphitheater sprig boardwalks, the facelift of the Historic Center of Puerto Plata have not been finished yet.
Both Constructora Kuky Silverio as the Global Construction, companies that have been responsible both pledged to finish works within eleven months. However, it’s been almost two years and the works have not been concluded.
The engineer Erick Gómez, commissioned by Constructora Kuky Silverio of the work of the park and amphitheater sprig reported that work will be delivered to the Ministry of Tourism in the month of September 2015.
Gomez said that the works are advanced by more than 90% and that will end the park and amphitheater, representing 80% of the project by the deadline, while the remaining 20%, which corresponds to a second stage , will be initiated after the delivery of the first phase.
The engineers serving the Global Constructora have said that the revitalization of the Historic Center will not be finished till the end of this year and will be finished in the first quarter of 2016.
They noted that the jobs promised end in less than a year, may not be possible due to unforeseen problems found in the sections of the Sanchez and Mella streets were operated and the slow delivery of resources by the Ministry of Tourism .
As explained by the technical advisor to the Department of Planning and Projects of the Ministry of Tourism, architect Jonathan Gonzales, these two works are part of a group of seven projects to be implemented to relaunch the destination Puerto Plata.
The slow implementation of the work has disrupted the daily lives of the residents of the streets, intervened and caused a decrease in sales for businesses operating there, which has resulted in huge losses to their owners.
The inhabitants and owners of commercial establishments affected are suing the Ministry of Tourism for not accelerating the revitalization of the Historic Center, and they will not continue to bear losses that are on the verge of bankruptcy.
Source: Detras del rumor
August 13, 2015

Category: DR News |

  1. Samson

    May I suggest that DR never puts in a bid for the Olympic Games!

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated October 26, 2016 at 10:54 PM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter