Five events that changed DR politics in 2015
In an analytical piece in today’s El Caribe, Tuesday 22 December 2015, Yanessi Espinal lists the five events in 2015 that have changed the Dominican Republic’s political landscape:
1. The 19 April 2015 PLD Political Committee meeting when 23 of its 35 members voted in favor of pushing an amendment through Congress to allow President Danilo Medina to run for re-election. The measure was taken against the PLD president and three-time former president Leonel Fernandez.
2. Luis Abinader’s election as the PRM presidential candidate.
3. The PLD internal agreement.
4. The alliance between the PLD and the PRD, long-time adversaries.
5. The alliance between the PRM and the PRSC, a former long-time PLD ally.
Dec 22, 2015
Category: DR News |