Dominican ex-general arrested on charges of sex with at least 13 underage girls
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, June 9 (UPI) – A former military general in the Dominican Republic has been arrested on charges including sexual abuse of at least 13 underage girls.
Horton Rodríguez, 73, was arrested last Thursday on charges of sexual exploitation and physical, sexual and psychological abuse of 13 children. The former general allegedly offered the girls food, clothes and other things in exchange for sex, according to head prosecutor Alba Esther Crown.
“For a year and a half many little girls, young girls, [would] constantly [come] in different groups of three and four every week, there were parties including music… no matter the hour, they came at night, at 1 a.m., young girls came from other neighborhoods, it was something harmful, something without limits,” neighbor Pedro Polanco told CNN Español.
Five girls filed a complaint against the former general and prosecutors are expecting more to come forward as the case is in its preliminary phases.
Neighbors said his wife previously abandoned him and have called him a “pervert.”
“He said he would put one in a room, the other in another. He did not like being with two underage children together, that it was one at a time,” a neighbor said.
Horton Rodríguez also allegedly posed as a pediatrician to sexually abuse girls, traveling to nearby locations. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and has been sent to prison for three months as a coercive measure.
Horton Rodríguez lived in the neighborhood of Ensanche La Paz in the capital city of Santo Domingo. Authorities urge more victims to come forward.
June 9, 2015
Category: DR News |