Deadly jailbreak at Najayo prison
Santo Domingo.- One of the alleged masterminds in the bungled jailbreak at Najayo prison was injured and captured Friday in a clash with police 23 kilometers north of the capital on the Duarte highway.
According to National Police chief Manuel Castro, another suspect was gunned down in the shootout, two others hurt, whereas Miguel Angel Rojas Alcántara (Ton) and Elvis Feliz Alcántara (Saddam) fled the scene. They are also suspects in last year’s prison assault in San Cristóbal.
Castro said those involved formed part of a gang which hijacks trucks on the roads.
The police chief, talking to the press after meeting at the Dominican Bar Association, said all the details of the case will be announced at a press conference Friday afternoon.
Four inmates and two prison officers were killed in the assault at Najayo.
February 6, 2015
Category: DR News |