Commemorating 50 years of the War of April
SANTO DOMINGO. With diverse activities by the official commission appointed by President Danilo Medina and the “Commemorative Committee 50th Anniversary of Revolutionary April” and the Constitutionalist commands of the San Carlo’s barrio, starting this week they will recall the half-century mark of this patriotic gesture in which Dominicans fought for the return of constitutionalism.
The seven combat commands of San Carlos convened last week a Mass in the church of the sector, for the intention of the men and women who fell during the patriotic deed, and then there was an act in the park where the fighters and neighbors pay tribute to the fallen and honored the survivors.
Lazaro Garcia and Marino Santana, of the committee that organized activity, and said that they have programs until next year, but the 24th of this month they will leave from the Fortaleza Ozama and walked to the cemetery where some of the fallen are resting, passing by the Copello Building and on the 28th there is a walk around the Barrios of the capital where they fought the United States empire.
They said that in the coming days they will make public the programming, which includes activities in Santiago, San Francisco de Macoris and other areas.
The official commission appointed by President Danilo Medina in Decree 492 – 14 for the commemoration of the activities for the 50th anniversary, will also publish this week the activities that they are programming.
Juan Daniel Balcacer, the President of the National Commission for the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Patriotic Deed of April 1965, will make public today or tomorrow their calendar of activities.
Jesus de la Rosa, one of the members of the commission, said that for the first time a president has recognized the deeds of April.
April 20, 2015
Category: DR News |