Nice People Networking

Blackouts kill five children

Five children were killed in three separate house fires over the weekend, caused by candles being used as a result of the daily blackouts.

The last case was on Sunday night, 13 September 2015 when a brother and sister were burned to death. Both were under the age of two and lived in Pueblo Nuevo, a rural area some 70 kilometers east of Santo Domingo.

Aracelis Ramirez, mother of 20-month old Xavier and seven-month old Ariana said that the candle was lit in the bedroom they slept in when she left the home for a moment. The fire burned the wooden hut to the ground.

On the same night a 21-month old boy was burned to death when his house burned down in Los Alcarrizos in the west of Santo Domingo, again due to a lit candle and on Saturday two children died, one aged six and the other two, in a fire in Santiago Rodriguez province. Once again a candle was burning in the children’s bedroom.

Source: DR1, Hoy

Sep 15, 2015

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated December 8, 2016 at 12:39 AM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter