Nice People Networking

Some RD $500 million of the budget will be redistributed

SANTO DOMINGO. The chairman of the Joint Commission that is studying the legislative proposal for the Law of the General Budget of the State 2015, Senator Tommy Galan, reported that some RD $500 million will be redistributed in order to supply the demands of some institutions, funds that had been assigned to other areas, so that the original mount of the budget (RD $630.9 billion), will not change.

The senator explained that the Law for the Recapitalization of the Central Bank will be modified and that of the RD $21 billion that should be assigned to this entity they will take some RD $300 million from next year’s budget. “No, it will not increase (the budget). The adjustment that they are making is minimum,” he guaranteed.

He assured the reporters that neither will the projected indicators change such as maintaining a fiscal deficit of 2.4% of GDP, regarding the primary surplus and the levels of indebtedness and contracts.

He spelled out that the commission members agreed to assign RD $200 million in additional funds to the budget of the Constitutional Tribunal, and that in addition to this the government committed itself to invest some RD $600 million or RD$700 million to build a new building for the high court.

He said that RD$100 million in additional funding will go to the Superior Electoral Tribunal (TSE). This agency presently has RD$250 million assigned, and the increase represents 40% of its present budget.

The Senator said that in addition to the RD$60 billion assigned to Public Health, the government will invest RD$4 billion to refurbish and to construct 8 hospitals around the country. In the meantime the Chamber of Accounts had been assigned RD$50 additional million, the clusters which impact 19 provinces, RD$50 million and the Public Defender, RD$100 million.

He said that some RD$300 million will also be assigned in the budget to construct a new Palace of Justice in the Eastern area. The demands of the JCE and the UASD were not taken into account.

Deputies walk out

Unhappy for not having been taken into account in this last phase of the budget revision for 2015, the deputies withdrew yesterday from a meeting of the joint commission, and they reported their withdrawal from the commission. The vice chairman of the commission and spokesman for the PLD deputies, Ruben Maldonado, and the PRD deputy Hector Feliz accused Galan of disrespect, and of excluding them from the negotiations and from the meeting that they held with President Danilo Medina. Galan said he did not know anything about this discontent, and he seemed surprised.

Source: DiarioLibre

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated October 20, 2016 at 7:03 PM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter