Clashes between Haitians and Dominican concern senior officials
Santo Domingo.- Interior and Police minister José R. Fadul and National Police chief Manuel Castro on Tuesday said the clashes between Haitians and Dominican in the past few days are cause for concern.
Fadul said measures are being taken to avert a repeat of last Saturday’s confrontation in the barrio 27 de Febrero, where Haitian national Yanisel Yan (Sedien), 20, died allegedly shot by an agent.
Fadul warned that investigators will confiscate illegal guns. “What we saw there was an aggression that put us on heightened alert because we cannot ignore the facts. The police will act and will continue to act and will disarm all people who have illegal weapons and will be prosecuted.”
Castro said police agent José Suriel had been suspended and will be arraigned at the National District Courthouse on Wed (Sep 24).
Category: DR News |