All non-validated prepaid cell phone lines cancelled as of 12 midnight June 12
Santo Domingo.- Starting 12 midnight Thursday all prepaid cellphone lines not validated by their users will be cancelled, in compliance with Dominican Telecom Institute (Indotel) resolution 039-13.
That provision issued October 11 last year demands that telephone service providers comply with a protocol which ensures the authenticity and legitimacy of the person requesting activation of telephone lines.
The regulator had issued a six-month deadline which expires today, so that all prepaid mobile phone service users validate them with their respective service providers.
People attempt to validate
Nevertheless, an official of one of the telephone companies reported that they have requested several extensions but they have not received answers from Indotel.
In the meantime, thousands of pre-paid phone owners have jammed the different offices of the telephone companies with the intention of avoiding a disconnection tonight, but not all have been able to achieve their objective. The webpages, of some of the service providers do not work, apparently because of the number of cell phone users that are attempting to validate their phones at the same time.
The director of Communications at Claro, Gerty Valerio, reported that “they were working at full steam” in order to comply with the resolution from Indotel, and she said that more than a million clients had carried out the validation process since Monday when they were told they could do it on-line.
Source: DT, DiarioLibre
Category: DR News |