Nice People Networking

2nd subway line ready to resume ‘when the Government announces it’

Santo Domingo.- The Transit Reform Office (Opret) is ready to continue the Santo Domingo Metro’s 2nd line when the Government announces it, Deputy director Leonel Carrasco revealed yesterday.

He said the Opret has been grouping the machines that will be used to extend the Metro towards Santo Domingo East, to be ready when the Government decides to continue the work.

Carrasco said the second line can continue with a budget allocation for the Metro, which he affirms sells around 200,000 fares daily on both lines.

Last year the Opret announced it would discontinue the second line after RD$2.8 billion were cut from this year’s budget.

Sectors including Santo Domingo East residents have firmly demanded the conclusion of the 2nd line and urge the Government to find the funds needed he extend it.

Source: DT

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated December 4, 2016 at 11:02 PM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter