Nice People Networking

Political parties will get RD$805M of taxpayer money in 2013

Santo Domingo.- The political parties will receive RD$805 million of taxpayer money during 2013, with a first disbursement of RD$67 million starting today, most of that to the opposition PRD, the ruling PLD and the pro-government PRSC.

The Electoral Law allocates 0.25% of tax the revenue to the political parties in non-election years, such as 2013, and 0.5 percent in election years.

The parties were recognized in the previous election if they received at least five percent of the votes and get 80 percent of the funds, while the other 20 percent is split among the political organizations which obtained less than that amount, but maintained their recognition.

The big 3

In 2013 the PRD, the PLD and the PRSC will receive RD$215 million each in monthly installments.

Starting today and every month until December, the Central Electoral Board will disburse RD$18 million each to those three parties, whereas the 23 minority organizations will get RD$161million, or around RD$13 million per month in all.

Source: DT

Category: DR News |

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Last updated December 10, 2016 at 11:35 PM
stats for wordpress
View Statistics Report
Facebook Twitter