Dominican tourism receives important awards in 2012
During 2012 the Dominican Republic was recognized internationally as a leader of the Caribbean tourism industry.
The following are some of the major awards received:
• For the second consecutive year the Dominican Republic was recognized as the “Best Golf Destination of the Caribbean and Latin America” by the Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO).
• Recognized as “Best Golf Island of the Year” during the “Caribbean World Travel & Living Awards 2012″ by Caribbean World magazine.
• The Dominican Republic is on the list of the ten most important destinations to visit during 2013. The list was prepared by the Lonely Planet.com website.
• The country currently occupies the 19th place in the “International Living’s Global Retirement Index 2012,” prepared by the publication “International Living.” The list includes the best foreign countries for retirees.
• The Ministry of Tourism website received various awards, including the ADDY ® and Summit International awards, presented by the American Advertising Federation (AAF) and the Summit International Awards (SIA), respectively.
• Punta Cana and Bayahibe occupied the eight and seventh positions, respectively, in the list of “Top 25 Beach Destinations in the World,” awards issued by TripAdvisor.
• Dominican beaches were included in the list of the 20 best places to vacation in the world by readers of the popular travel site Tripadvisor.com.
• The port of La Romana was selected as the best cruise destination by the magazine “Cruise Insights”.
• Santo Domingo’s international airport occupied the 14th slot on the list of best Latin American airports. The list was issued by Latin Trade magazine.
Source: Access DR
Category: DR News |