Thousands of volunteers to cleanup over 150 beaches, Sep 20th
Santo Domingo.- Thousands of volunteers and dozens of government agencies and private institutions will be mobilized to clean over 150 beaches and riverbanks throughout the territory tomorrow Saturday, to mark international beach cleanup day.
Environment minister Bautista Rojas said more volunteers are expected to participate in the cleanup than the 18,000 last year.
During a press conference, the official said the activity will officially start 9 am at El Gringo beach, Haina, jointly with many others across the country.
Rojas said the beach and coast cleanup includes the removal of all trash such as plastics, cardboard and glass, that will be sorted and recycled.
The Environment Ministry posted a form on its website: www.ambiente.gov.do for those interested in contributing to protect the ecosystem,.
The effort is supported by the Propagas Foundation, the Agro-forestry Center and the Naval Auxiliaries.
What’s the Nice People Networking website all about?
- Different News sources (Local and International)
- A handy online alphabetic Business Directory presenting each company through attractive color banners with full contact details and links to advertisers own website/Facebook
- Use our Restaurant Guide or Clubs/Bars Guide for your convenience
- Gain real savings by printing out Coupons with various monthly offers and specials to be used at local shops and traders.
- On the page “DR Living” gather interesting and useful information and facts about the Dominican Republic.
- Post your own news and comments on DR News and DR Living.
- Advertise your services / products in our Business Directory, on our Web Pages and on our Coupon page.
- Advertise in our Classifieds section.
- Book Hotel and Tours in our new section Vacation Deals. Pay what Dominicans pay!
- Shop in our NPN Shop page for unique products or services and get a special deal.
- Watch interesting and funny video’s on our page Cool Videos.
- Launch unique events for Free on our page “Local Events” that you, your organization, your company or your club is holding.
- NEW!! Buy a VIP CARD and save when shopping in Sosua and Cabarete.