Highlights of positive impact on Puerto Plata communities left by Carnival Cruise Fathom
PUERTO PLATA – Thousands of foreign volunteers who travel aboard the Carnival cruise MV Fathom Adonia from North America, from April 19 to date have created a very positive impact on diverse communities of Puerto Plata by running charitable actions.
Fathom is the tenth and newest brand of Carnival Corporation, under the new scheme called “Impact Travel” which collaborates with social development in important areas, especially education, environment, and economy, implementing in Puerto Plata a new type of cruise that combines wanderlust with the desire to do good and create a sustainable and lasting social impact on local communities.
Cruise passengers of MV Adonia Fathom participate in a number of activities in partnership with the Dominican Institute for Integral Development (IDDI) and the company TRAINS, such as work on behalf of Environment reforestation and construction of nurseries for timber plants and fruit, where they have already planted more than 9,660 tree species planted between plants and seeds.
According to the explanation by Gerónimo Chottin, the reforestation days take place twice a month at the Loma Isabel de Torres, Laguna de Cabarete and Yásica Arriba where timber trees such as mahogany, oak and Saman are planted, as well as fruit such as orange, guava and sea grape with the firm objective that over time the new plants will contribute to a more nutrient-rich soil, reducing soil loss, improving the quality of air and water, increasing biodiversity localized, and increased agricultural yields.
- Different News sources (Local and International)
- A handy online alphabetic Business Directory presenting each company through attractive color banners with full contact details and links to advertisers own website/Facebook
- Use our Restaurant Guide or Clubs/Bars Guide for your convenience
- On the page “DR Living” gather interesting and useful information and facts about the Dominican Republic.
- Post your own news and comments on DR News and DR Living.
- Advertise your services / products in our Business Directory, on our Web Pages and on our Coupon page.
- Advertise in our Classifieds section.
- Book Hotel and Tours in our new section Vacation Deals. Pay what Dominicans pay!
- Shop in our NPN Shop page for unique products or services and get a special deal.
- Shop from our CATALOG for products and services found locally
- Launch unique events for Free on our page “Local Events” that you, your organization, your company or your club is holding.
- NEW!! Sign up for our SEEK and MATCH campaign, and promote your real estate, rentals, and unique products.